We’re in the home stretch of 2016 and so it’s time to start thinking about The Collapsar’s Albums of the Year List. Back when I was an editor at The Fiddleback, we started making our annual Albums of the Year list using lists contributed by the journal’s readers and writers. The results were pretty great; we liked that they didn’t just represent our tastes (because who are we but people who like music?) but became a platform for our readers tastes as well.
Because this worked so well over at The Fiddleback, we decided to do the same thing here at The Collapsar.
This is how it’s going to work:
- Send us your lists of favorite albums of 2016. The lists should include a minimum of 5 albums and a maximum of 30 albums.
- Lists can include original studio LP’s, live albums, and EP’s. Lists cannot include non-original compilations and re-issues.
- The final list will be tallied from contributed lists using maths.
- If you’re interested in contributing a 75-150 word blurb for any of the albums on your list, include said blurb with your list. If the album or albums in question make the final list, we might contact you and use your blurb in the final, published list.
- Please send your lists to CollapsarAlbumsList@gmail.com
- The deadline for lists will be November 18, 2016. (I know it’s early and who knows what will come out after that, but we need plenty of time to compile the results and put together the final list).
So, send us your lists of favorite albums from 2016! It’ll be fun–I promise.